Archive for July, 2007
Yeah, yeah… we know few people actually graduate in July and we’re kind of late to make this the June issue, but we’ve got good reasons for the delay! Our editor-in-chief and one of our staff members, Jake and Esbeydy, were busy getting married. Yes, Puro Pedo Magazine staff members are romantics at heart, sorta.
Anyway, this issue is about congratulating the class of 2007, whether you earned a BA/BS or just finished 8th grade. Â¡Felicidades!
In this issue:
- Graduation speech inspired by Chicano cult classic film
- The Institute for the Frida Kahlo Obsessed
- Dodgers officially change name to “Los Doyers”
- California education board unveiles Ese-T’s
- Local militia protects Echo Park from hipsters
- 20 signs your barrio’s been gentrified
- Hillybilly misinterprets constitutional right to bear arms
- Cavaliers blame God for NBA championship loss
- Faces in the crowd: What did you do on May 1st, 2007
- Comic by Lalo Alcaraz
The issue is ready for download, but we still need to distribute it around LA. We’ll post locations of sites where you can pick it up soon, so check the blog for information.
To download, click the image above or click here to open up the pdf file.
Â¡Disfruten! Congratulations to the class of 2007!2 comments